All that you need to know
The Register of Beauty Professionals is an independent, public Register for individuals working in the beauty industry. The Register:
- Recognises relevant expertise and industry qualifications
- Offers assurance to the public that all registered beauty professionals have suitable qualifications and the ability to perform their specific roles
- Provides a system of regulation to ensure that individuals meet agreed National Occupational Standards (NOS), which describe the knowledge, competence and skills of good practice
Habia, the government approved standards setting body for the hair, beauty, nails and spa industry, has launched the first ever professional Register for the beauty industry.
Habia is a part of SkillsActive, the Sector Skills Council for Active Leisure, Learning & Well-being.
All members of the Register of Beauty Professionals:
- Hold a recognised qualification from an awarding body, which meet the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the industry*.
- Have evidence reflecting their current professional status via a personal CV if they completed qualification longer than five years ago
- Are committed to professional development and are required to complete regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) to stay on the register. This ensures their skills continually meet industry standards.*
- Are bound by an Industry “Code of Ethical Conduct” (Including agreeing to holding a current insurance certificate)
* National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the industry are set by Habia and SkillsActive FAQs
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
We are currently in the process of developing our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) system for members. Registered members are required to complete regular training to ensure they are up to date with the latest new treatments, techniques and equipment introduced to the industry. We will be giving members access to a wide range of related CPD courses available as well as a system for recording CPD progress and achievement.
- 24 CPD points to be achieved over 2 years - 12 points per year.
How Register of Beauty Professionals works
The Register of Beauty Professionals membership categories are based on the industry agreed NOS, which define the knowledge and skills needed.
The qualifications that allow entry to the Register have been collated and will be available to view in the registration form. A new fit for purpose framework has been created and this will define the operational categories for the Register and will give clarity to employers regarding the qualifications that are relevant for the sector.